Free swims for pregnant women
This is a fantastic opportunity to maintain your fitness and relax during your pregnancy at all council pools. The pass is available for the duration of your pregnancy.
How to apply
- You will need to take your proof of address (eg: bank statement, household bill) and maternity prescription exemption card with you to your local centre – this proves your eligibility for the scheme.
- You will also need a form of identification e.g. passport, driving licence.
- You will need to complete a short application form at the centre
- Have your picture taken – when you hand in your completed application a member of staff may take your photo on site to use for future recognition.
Free swims are available at the following pools:
- Bristol South Swimming Pool – 0117 903 1618
- Easton Leisure Centre – 0117 903 1628
- Henbury Leisure Centre – 0117 353 2555
- Horfield Leisure Centre – 0117 903 1643
- Hengrove Park Leisure Centre – 0117 304 8200
- Jubilee Swimming Pool – 0117 903 1607
Terms and conditions for free swimming for pregnant women
- Free swims do not extend to aqua fitness classes or lessons.
- You can receive free swims during family swim times, but must pay for any family members you bring with you.
- Photographs will only be used for identification purposes and will not be shared with any third parties.
If you have any questions regarding free swims for pregnant women please call your local centre.
Exercising in pregnancy
Gentle exercise is good(and safe) for you and your baby. Not only does it help you maintain a healthy weight, it also helps prepare your body for labour.
More information and guidance on exercising in pregnancy can be found at:
Pre and post-natal activities
A range of pre and post-natal activities are available improve your fitness. See our event directory for details.